Submit your under-1000-word story to the Berkeley Fiction Review for a chance to win $200. First, second, and third place finalists are published in the journal.
Submission period: February 1 – April 1
- Entries are $6 each, or $4 each additional story. Please send checks to:
Berkeley Fiction Review
c/o ASUC Student Union FMO
432 Eshleman, MC 4500
Berkeley, CA 94720
- Please make checks payable to ASUC/Berkeley Fiction Review with Sudden Fiction in the memo line.
- We also accept Venmo payments. Venmo @berkeleyfictionreview the correct amount of money with your name and “Sudden Fiction Contest” in the transaction description.
- Stories must be 1000 words or fewer, typed, double-spaced, in 12pt font.
- We only accept electronic submissions sent to email@example.com, with “Sudden Fiction: Name, Title” in the subject line. Please make sure that you format your email title this way, so that we do not mistake your story for a regular submission. Stories should be attached to the email as .doc or .pdf.
- Please keep cover letters brief, and add them to the body of the email. Include name, address, email address,and the title of your story. Please don’t summarize the story. Please also include whether or not you have already sent payment for the entry fee, and if this is your first entry ($6) or second and beyond ($4). We will not officially review your submission until we have confirmed your payment method.
- Previously unpublished work only.
DISCLAIMER: 1st Place Winner must provide their SSN in order to process payment. Our finances go through U.C. Berkeley, and in order to pay the winner, they must process their SSN. We will not share this information with anyone, but if you would prefer, you can share it solely with our Publications Adviser at the LEAD Center (U.C. Berkeley staff).